All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Collins New Naturalist series is the longest-running and arguably the most influential natural history series in the world with over 100 volumes published in over 60 years. Being a numbered series, with a very low print run for some volumes, New Naturalist publications have been and continue to be highly collectable. Second-hand copies of the rarer volumes, in very good condition, can command high prices. As such, there is considerable interest in a detailed bibliography and history of the series. Collecting the New Naturalists offers a detailed insight into the fascinating phemen that has gripped Britain since just after World War II and which reflects the country's continued enthusiasm for wildlife and nature publishing generally. With previously unpublished in-depth insight into the workings of the series and its collectors, the book will comprehensively cover every aspect of the New Naturalists, from rare editions produced for Bloomsbury and the Reader's Union to foreign editions, interviews with the iconic cover artists and well-kwn naturalists such as Nick Baker and Alan Titchmarsh telling the story of their own fascination with the series.
- Author BiographyTim Bernhard has worked as a graphic designer for film and television in Bristol, Southampton and London and now works as a freelance natural history illustrator. He runs the New Naturalist Collectors Club in his spare time and has had a profound interest in all aspects of natural history since childhood. He has co-led a number of wildlife tours in Europe, Morocco and the Caucasus Mountains. Timothy Loe spent his childhood in Africa and it was here that he developed a passion for natural history. Always an avid book collector, he gave up his career in landscape architecture to become a fulltime bookseller in 2002. Loe lives on the edge of Bodmin Moor in Cornwall with his wife, two children and a large collection of iris species.
- Author(s)Tim Bernhard,Timothy Loe
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication27/10/2011
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Series TitleCollins New Naturalist Library
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWilliam Collins
- Content Note150 col illus, With index
- Weight454 g
- Width226 mm
- Height286 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $45.70Trending at AU $72.17
- AU $21.30Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $18.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.