Collective Action and Exchange: A Game-Theoretic Approach to Contemporary Political Economy by William D. Ferguson (Hardback, 2013)
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $27.94
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.35Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
About this product
- DescriptionIn Collective Action and Exchange: A Game-Theoretic Approach to Contemporary Political Ecomy, William D. Ferguson presents a comprehensive political ecomy text aimed at advanced undergraduates in ecomics and graduate students in the social sciences. The text utilizes collective action as a unifying concept, arguing that collective-action problems lie at the foundation of market success, market failure, ecomic development, and the motivations for policy.Ferguson draws on information ecomics, social preference theory, cognition theory, institutional ecomics, as well as political and policy theory to develop this approach. The text uses classical, evolutionary, and epistemic game theory, along with basic social network analysis, as modeling frameworks. These models effectively bind the ideas presented, generating a coherent theoretic approach to political ecomy that stresses sometimes overlooked implications.
- Author BiographyWilliam D. Ferguson is the Gertrude B. Austin Professor of Economics at Grinnell College, where he teaches courses on labor economics, policy analysis, applied game theory, and political economy.
- Author(s)William D. Ferguson
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight953 g
- Width4531 mm
- Height6466 mm
- Spine789 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.