All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCollective decision-making is a familiar feature of our social, political, and ecomic lives. It ranges from the relatively trivial (e.g. the choice of the next family car) to the globally significant (e.g. whether or t a country should go to war). Yet, whether trivial or globally significant, such decisions involve a number of challenging problems. These problems arise in the standard social choice setting, where individuals differ in their preferences. They also arise in the standard decision-making setting, where individuals share the same preferences, but differ in their decisional capabilities. The distinctive feature of Collective Preference and Choice is that it looks at classical aggregation problems that arise in three closely related areas: social choice theory, voting theory, and group decision-making under uncertainty. Using a series of exercises and examples, the book explains these problems with reference to a number of important contributions to the study of collective decision-making.
- Author BiographyShmuel Nitzan is Sir Isaac Wolfson Professor of Economics at Bar-Ilan University, Israel. He is the author (with Jacob Paroush) of Collective Decision Making (1986) and (with Gil Epstein) of Endogenous Public Policy and Contests (2007). His research focuses on political economy, social choice, collective decision-making, public economics, and voting theory.
- Author(s)Shmuel Nitzan
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication10/12/2009
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note7 b/w illus. 1 table
- Weight570 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.