All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCollective violence has played an important role throughout American history, though we have typically denied it. But it is t eugh to repress violence or to suppress our kwledge of it. We must understand the phemen, and to do this, we must learn what violent groups are trying to say. Th at some choose violence tells us something about the perpetrators, inevitably, about ourselves and the society we have built.
- Author BiographyJames F. Short, Jr. is professor emeritus in the department of sociology at Washington State University. His areas of research interest include criminology and delinquency and the sociology of risk. He is the author of Delinquency, Crime, and Society, The State of Sociology: Problems and Prospects, and Modern Criminals - Law and Order. Marvin E. Wolfgang was professor of criminology at the University of Pennsylvania and president of the American Academy of Political and Social Science. He is known best for expanding the field of criminology by studying data and patterns of crime and violence instead of focusing on psychological studies of the criminal mind.
- PublisherTransaction Publishers
- Date of Publication15/02/2009
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight603 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJames F. Short,Jr.
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.28Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.