All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionAccessible to students and flexible for instructors, COLLEGE ALGEBRA, EIGHTH EDITION, incorporates the dynamic link between concepts and applications to bring mathematics to life. By integrating interactive learning techniques, the Aufmann author team helps students to better understand concepts, work independently, and obtain greater mathematical fluency. The Eighth Edition also includes techlogy features to accommodate courses that allow the option of using graphing calculators. Additional program components that support student success include tutorial practice, online homework, Live Online Tutoring, and Instructional DVDs. The authors' proven Aufmann Interactive Method allows students to try a skill as it is presented in example form. This interaction between the examples and Try Exercises serves as a checkpoint to students as they read the textbook, do their homework, or study a section. In the Eighth Edition, Review Notes are featured more prominently throughout the text to help students recognize the key prerequisite skills needed to understand new concepts.
- Author BiographyRichard Aufmann is the lead author of two bestselling developmental math series and a bestselling college algebra and trigonometry series, as well as several derivative math texts. He received a BA in mathematics from the University of California, Irvine, and an MA in mathematics from California State University, Long Beach. Mr. Aufmann taught math, computer science, and physics at Palomar College in California, where he was on the faculty for 28 years. His textbooks are highly recognized and respected among college mathematics professors. Today, Mr. Aufmann's professional interests include quantitative literacy, the developmental math curriculum, and the impact of technology on curriculum development. Richard Nation received a B.A. in mathematics from Morningside College and a M.S. degree in mathematics from the University of South Dakota. Mr. Nation also attended a National Science Foundation academic year institute in mathematics at San Diego State University. Mr. Nation taught math at Palomar College in California, where he was on the faculty for 20 years. He has over 38 years' experience teaching mathematics at the high school and college levels. He is the co-author of several Aufmann titles. Today, Mr. Nation's professional interests include the impact of technology on curriculum development and on the teaching of mathematics at the precalculus level.
- Author(s)Richard D. Nation,Richard N. Aufmann
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight1665 g
- Width223 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.