All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublished in 1951, College Life at Old Oglethorpe describes the origins and revival of Oglethorpe University, the first chartered deminational school of higher education in Georgia. Oglethorpe University was established in 1835 near Milledgeville and moved to Atlanta in 1870-1872 due in part to ecomic pressures resulting from the Civil War.Allen P. Tankersley examines college life in the antebellum South, focusing on the students' interests and activities. The university's faculty were dedicated to the union of education and religion, and students studied to be ministers and leaders in medicine, politics, science, and education.
- Author BiographyAllen P. Tankersley is also the author of John B. Gordon: A Study in Gallantry.
- Author(s)Allan P. Tankersley
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2009
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.