College Student Death: Guidance for a Caring Campus by University Press of America (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $50.66Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $53.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery year thousands of college students die, leaving our campuses stunned and bereft. In the midst of crisis, it may be necessary to react quickly to their deaths, but appropriate responses can be accomplished through thoughtful preparation. From those who have weathered the deaths of their students, it is possible to adapt strategies that are compassionate, ethical, appropriate, and that reflect well on the campus. College Student Death: Guidelines for a Caring Campus is the result of many years of collaboration with more than thirty contributors. It applies the kwledge of university personnel called upon to respond to student death on and off campus and to provide solace to family and the campus community. This book provides support to university staff in the immediacy of student death, guides the design of policy before a crisis occurs, and provides instructional considerations for faculty. It enables the campus professional in understanding the complexities of effective response to college students' death and choosing an appropriate course. College student death affects the depth and breadth of the campus community. Members of innumerable campus units-including student affairs, housing, counseling centers, police departments, international programs, student life, legal affairs, administrative affairs, drug and alcohol centers, health centers, religious communities, and athletic departments-can benefit from this book.
- Author BiographyRosa Cintron is Associate Professor in the Department of Educational Research, Leadership, and Technology at University of Central Florida, Orlando. She received her Ph.D. in Educational Leadership from the Florida State University. Erin Taylor Weathers is a coordinator of academic affairs projects with the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, and a guest lecturer in adult higher education at the University of Oklahoma. She received her Ph.D. in the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies, Adult and Higher Education Program from the University of Oklahoma. Katherine Garlough is a grant writer for International Development for Enterprise and Autonomy (IDEA). She received her Ph.D. in Adult and Higher Education from the University of Oklahoma.
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication23/02/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleAmerican College Personnel Association Series
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byErin Taylor Weathers,Katherine Garlough,Rosa Cintron
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.