All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBelonging - with peers, in the classroom, or on campus - is a crucial part of the college experience. It can affect a student's degree of academic achievement, or even whether they stay in school. Although much is kwn about the causes and impact of sense of belonging in students, little is kwn about how belonging differs based on students' social identities, such as race, gender, or sexual orientation, or the conditions they encounter on campus. College Students' Sense of Belonging addresses these student sub-populations and campus environments. It offers readers practical guidelines, underpinned by theory and research, for helping students belong and thrive. Sense of belonging can come from peers, teachers or faculty, family members, social and academic groups, and living and learning environments. The book offers: * a review and critique of current literature on sense of belonging in light of new and emerging theory * a new conceptual model of belonging which helps the reader expand an understanding of sense of belonging * new and recent research findings from quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods studies conducted by the author * practical recommendations for improving educational environments, practices, policies, and programs to facilitate students' sense of belonging on campus.
- Author BiographyTerrell L. Strayhorn is Professor of Higher Education and Senior Research Associate at the Kirwan Institute for the Study of Race & Ethnicity at The Ohio State University, USA.
- Author(s)Terrell L. Strayhorn
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/08/2012
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.