Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $88.45+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $53.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionUses an active learning approach that focuses on the reader choosing, applying, and assessing practical strategies, with the goal of creating an effective, efficient, and individualized system of study. College Study exposes readers to how to make informed choices about learning content that is often new, complex, and changing rapidly, especially given the increasing link between techlogy and learning. Included is the inter-relationship of students' learning behaviors and attitudes, with an emphasis on applying multi-modal strategies into daily course work. The text covers the major learning skills topics: academic planning and goal-setting, time management and procrastination, productivity, active listening and te taking, reading and studying, preparing for and taking tests, enhancing learning and memory, reducing worry/anxiety, and online and web-based strategies. The text is written in a streamlined format; with an informal, personal writing style; and engaging activities that maintain the reader's attention and appeal to today's college students.
- Author BiographySally Lipsky has a B.S. elementary education from the University of New Mexico, M.Ed. reading education from Texas Southern University, and Ph.D. language communications and adult education from the University of Pittsburgh. She is a full professor in the Developmental Studies Department, College of Education, Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Her work has centered on aspects of student learning at the post-secondary level, including college reading and study strategies and peer-to-peer learning. Sally's publications include: * A Training Guide for College Tutors and Peer Educators. Boston: Pearson Education, Inc., 2011. * What Every Student Should Know About Reading and Studying the Social Sciences (w/ Hamer, A. B.). Boston: Allyn & Bacon, 2010. * Introduction to Higher Education (w/ Winstead, S.). New York, NY: Pearson Custom Publishing. * College Study: The Essential Ingredients, 2 e. Upper Saddle, NJ: Pearson Education, Inc. She is a member of the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) and the National Association for Developmental Education (NADE), and has facilitated numerous professional presentations.
- Author(s)Sally A. Lipsky
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectStudy Skills & General Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width178 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition Statement3rd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.