Collins Advanced Science: Chemistry by Phil Hills, Chris Conoley (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $72.47+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $46.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBuilding on the success of the second edition, this truly accessible textbook comprehensively covers the 2008 AS and A2 level Chemistry specifications for all the main UK exam boards.The book also has a companion website which is free to book users providing extra resources. Written by authors with many years' experience of teaching, examining and writing, this is an ideal resource for class or independent study. The book includes the following features: * How Science Works feature boxes focus on this key element of the new specifications. * Stretch and Challenge boxes challenge more able students, enabling them to achieve the highest grades. * Science in Context boxes encourage students to relate their learning to the world around them. * Summaries at the end of every chapter help students with revision. * Test Yourself questions throughout the text enable students to monitor their own progress in preparation for their exams. * Remember This boxes highlight the key facts. The website provides the following additional resources: * Practice questions (and answers) allow students to test their understanding of the material just covered. * How Science Works assignments allow students to prepare for the How Science Works element of the new AS and A2 Chemistry exams.
- Author BiographyChris Conoley has over 30 years of chemistry teaching experience. As Head of Science and Computing at Wilberforce Sixth Form College, Hull, he set up the faculty in 1988, when the college was brand new. He spent ten years at Gosforth High School as an Assistant Headteacher, then moved to Bristol as Director of the North Bristol Post 16 Centre in 2003. In 2008 he was appointed Principal of Ludlow College. Chris is an experienced examiner and has been a Principal Examiner for A level Chemistry. He is the author of several Chemistry books and CDROMs, both for GCSE and A level. He has also written and delivered training materials for chemistry teachers in the UK and abroad.
- Author(s)Chris Conoley,Phil Hills
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication20/05/2008
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCollins Advanced Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCollins Educational
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.), ports. (chiefly col.)
- Weight1870 g
- Width220 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.