All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe inspiring stories of 6 people who changed history. Contents: Antoine Lavoisier who wrote the first modern chemistry textbook Humphry Davy who discovered 'laughing gas' Charles Darwin who changed people's ideas with his theory of evolution Gregor Mendel who first discovered the science of genetics Louis Pasteur who saved millions of lives by killing germs Francis Crick who helped to discover the structure of DNA BRITISH ENGLISH Word count: 13,021 Headword count: 1,064 Each book includes a free CD with a full recording of each story. PLUS: visit www.collinselt.com/readers for videos, teacher resources and self-study materials. This book is Level 3 in the Collins ELT Readers series. Level 3 is equivalent to CEF level B1. About the Amazing People series: A unique opportunity for learners of English to read about the exceptional lives and incredible abilities of some of the most insightful people the world has seen. Each book contains six short stories, told by the characters themselves, as if in their own words. The stories explain the most significant parts of each character's life, giving an insight into how they came to be such an important historic figure. After each story, a timeline presents the most major events in their life in a clear and succinct fashion. The timeline is ideal for checking comprehension or as a basis for project work or further research. Created in association with The Amazing People Club. About Collins ELT Readers: Collins ELT Readers are divided into four levels: Level 1 - elementary (A2) Level 2 - pre-intermediate (A2-B1) Level 3 - intermediate (B1) Level 4 - upper intermediate (B2) Each level is carefully graded to ensure that the learner both enjoys and benefits from their reading experience.
- Author Biography.
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication19/06/2014
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleCollins Amazing People ELT Readers
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight130 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Series Edited byFiona Mackenzie
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-Audio
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.