Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.66
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.49
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $15.78Trending at AU $17.57
About this product
- DescriptionIt was Pirate Captain Codspawn's birthday. But what was his birthday surprise? It wasn't the beetles in the butter. It wasn't the spiders in the sugar. And it wasn't the special pirate pie that Cook had baked. But it was the best present a pirate could ever want! * Gold/Band 9 fiction books offer developing readers literary language and stories with distinctive characters. * Text type - A humorous story. * Pages 22 and 23 feature a recipe for pirate pie, with ingredients that would test the stomachs of even the most bloodthirsty pirates. This is a great starting point for further discussion and activities outside the reading session. * Curriculum links - Geography: Going to the Seaside, Where in the world is Barnaby Bear? * This story is paired with a n-fiction book on the same theme: How to be a Pirate, also by Scoular Anderson.
- Author BiographyScoular Anderson lives in a house in Argyll, Scotland. He spends lots of time looking at the passing ships rather than getting on with his work. The cat and the dog often come to sleep in his studio because it's the warmest room in the house. Scoular likes writing books which are funny or make the reader learn something. He has written and illustrated about 80 books. He likes drawing dogs and castles but is not too keen on bicycles because they stick out at strange angles.
- Author(s)Scoular Anderson
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication04/06/2012
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleCollins Big Cat
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight70 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Scoular Anderson
- Series Edited byCliff Moon
- Edition StatementAmerican English ed
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest AgeFrom 6
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.