All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollow the ugly duckling, who is rejected by the other ducks because he doesn't look like them and doesn't fit in. Will they change their mind when he grows up - and will they have a surprise in store? This lovely wordless retelling of the traditional tale has been illustrated by James Mayhew. * Follow the ugly duckling who is rejected by the other ducks because he doesn't look like them and doesn't fit in. Will they change their mind when he grows up - and will they have a surprise in store? This lovely wordless retelling of the traditional tale has been illustrated by James Mayhew. * Lilac/Band 0 books are wordless books that tell a story through pictures and are designed to develop understanding about how stories work. * A story map on pages 14-15 shows what happens as the ugly duckling develops into a beautiful swan, providing a wonderful opportunity for children to recap and retell the story in their own words. * Text type: A wordless traditional tale * Curriculum links: Personal, social and emotional development
- Author BiographyAdrian Bradbury was born in Manchester and worked as a PE teacher before moving overseas to teach English in Europe, the Middle East and Far East. After returning to England he worked as Deputy Head in three schools and now divides his time between teaching and writing. As well as writing educational materials for HarperCollins and other publishers, he also writes humorous football books for children. His hobbies include playing the piano and all sports.
- Author(s)James Mayhew
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication02/09/2013
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight70 g
- Width199 mm
- Height210 mm
- Series Edited byCliff Moon
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest AgeFrom 2
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.