All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore than 50,000 newly added entries, and over 722,000 words, meanings and phrases. Now updated to show recent biographical changes. More place names and biographical entries - with over 8,500 place names and 5,500 biographies you will encounter thousands of fascinating facts and figures at your fingertips. The Times said that the Collins English Dictionary is a book to be treasured, home should be without one . Ideal for use at work, at home and at school - new words, new meanings and new uses are tracked by Collins' lexicographers who monitor language change around the world. This along with suggestions from the public on the award-winning collinsdictionary.com, ensures Collins English Dictionary truly is the home of living language. Be drawn in by evolving definitions, new, rare and quirky words, while you explore the extraordinary breadth and changing nature of world English with award-winning author Mark Forsyth's insights in which he casts an analytical eye over the latest fields and shifts in meaning that the dictionary reflects. This is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. It draws on Collins' extensive language databases and reintroduces many literary and rare words useful for crossword solvers and setters as well as Scrabble players, including words previously only found in the official Scrabble word list. The 12th edition of the Collins English Dictionary is beautifully designed and printed, and despite the huge increase in words it is w lighter and easier to hold. Designed for day-to-day use, with a clear layout and virtual thumb tabs, it is also available in flexible formats to suit every user - in print, as a Kindle dictionary and an iOS app. Collins have been pioneers in dictionary publishing since 1819 and offer an extensive range of dictionaries in multiple formats and languages for reference, travel, leisure and education.
- Author BiographyPioneers in dictionary publishing since 1819
- Author(s)Collins Dictionaries
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication23/10/2014
- SubjectDictionaries (single language)
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight2550 g
- Width196 mm
- Height266 mm
- Spine64 mm
- Introduction byMark Forsyth
- Edition Statement12th Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- wombat68604 Sep, 2016by
This is just the type of Dictionary I was looking for. Beautifully laid out, an entertaining Forward and stylishly presented. Very happy with this one.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Other
Save on Other
- AU $28.08Trending at AU $31.83
- AU $18.27Trending at AU $20.72
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $34.55
- AU $18.14Trending at AU $20.47
- AU $14.66Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $21.38Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $17.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.