All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on skills development - geographical, PLTS and functional - this book takes a lively and invative approach to KS3 Geography.Building further on the skills, kwledge and subject understanding of Pupil Books 1 and 2, Pupil Book 3 contains rich tasks and activities which will thoroughly prepare pupils for GCSE Geography. Pupil book enquiries are 'How' and 'Why' questions consisting of one overarching investigative question and a series of sub questions. Enquiries are supported by teacher resources that provide a clear steer in terms of approaches to learning and teaching and the generation of meaningful outcomes. These outcomes will be easily cross referenced to any national assessment requirements. This series is endorsed by the Geographical Association. Case studies in the book will include: * samples of the breadth studies at Key Stage 3 * key processes in both physical and human geography * integration of higher order thinking skills to exemplify that the world is a complex and interconnected place Enquiry topics: 1. 'Middle' - of what? 'East' - of where? Is the Middle East a region? 2. Issues in the ocean Is our use of ocean resources sustainable? 3. Going boldly Is India's space programme justified? 4. From Shangombo to South Tavy Head Why are Thandi and Moses working in Soweto market? 5. Using someone else's water How does water consumption create interdependence and conflict? 6. Biodiversity under threat Can ecomic development on Borneo be sustainable?
- Author BiographyDavid Weatherly is a School Improvement Adviser and a specialist consultant for geography 3-18 working across the UK and internationally. Nicholas Sheehan is a Geography and Sustainability Education Advanced Skills Teacher with over 15 years of experience of developing curriculum materials for schools. Rebecca Kitchen is a geography teacher and Head of Geography at a girls' grammar school in Buckinghamshire.
- Author(s)Amanda Roff,David Weatherly,Kathy York,Nicholas Sheehan,Rebecca Kitchen
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication31/01/2012
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Series TitleCollins Key Stage 3 Geography
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCollins Educational
- Weight260 g
- Width192 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 3
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.64
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.37
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.