All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn June 18, 1965, thirty B-52s took part in the first Strategic Air Command B-52 bombing mission in Vietnam, a mission that, if carried out successfully, might have halted the war in its tracks. Before two of the aircraft could deliver their payload, they collided midair, killing eight men as both planes exploded over the South China Sea. In Collision Over Vietnam, Lieutenant Don Harten, a pilot in the combat mission, recounts the harrowing yet miraculous true story of how he survived the B-52 collision and how he lived through the crash of his rescue plane to fly almost 200 more missions in the war. A remarkable account of comradery, courage, and loss, Collision Over Vietnam is sure to make its name in history as did the brave men who fought in Vietnam.
- Author BiographyCombat pilot Don Harten of the 320th Bomb Wing flew hundreds of combat missions and served five tours of duty during the Vietnam War. His survival story of the Arc Light mission has been featured on War Stories with Oliver North. He continues to speak on his war experience and is an active member of the Lions Club, the River Rats, and the Order of Daedalians. He lives in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Author(s)Don Harten,Harten Harten
- PublisherTurner Publishing Company
- Date of Publication20/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurner Publishing Company
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white halftones
- Weight272 g
- Width132 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.