All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $31.92
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $19.01
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.75Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.46
About this product
- DescriptionIn the waning years of the Soviet Union scientific research falls far behind. Vasili, head of KGB, tries to gain Western kwledge by espionage. He persuades Dmitri, a physicist, to defect to the USA. Dmitri obtains a position at NSF and later at FermiLab, while remaining entangled in the KGB web. After the disintegration of the Soviet Union Vasili becomes very powerful and wants to strengthen science in the new Russia. He asks Dmitri to return home, because Russian kwledge needs upgrading. Dmitri is appointed director of IHEP in Moscow. He is t successful, because the best Russian scientists have emigrated to the West. Blackmail and intimidation pursue him. To escape Vasili's influence, Dmitri accepts a job at CERN in Geneva, where the largest particle accelerator in the world, the LHC, is under construction. Vasili w wants revenge. When he does t succeed in obtaining Western kwledge through espionage and cybercrime he wants to ruin Dmitri and to obstruct research at CERN.
- Author(s)Jan H. van Bemmel
- Date of Publication26/05/2015
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationMorrisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.