Colloid Process Engineering by Springer International Publishing AG (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $124.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $152.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals with colloidal systems in technical processes and the influence of colloidal systems by technical processes. It explores how new measurement capabilities can offer the potential for a dynamic development of scientific and engineering, and examines the origin of colloidal systems and its use for new products. The future challenges to colloidal process engineering are the development of appropriate equipment and processes for the production and obtainment of multi-phase structures and energetic interactions in market-relevant quantities. The book explores the relevant processes and for controlled production and how they can be used across all scales.
- Author BiographyMatthias Kind, born 1957, studied Mechanical Engineering at Universitat Karlsruhe (TH) and Chemical and Process Engineering at Technische Universitat Munchen. During his studies he spent a practical internship at Siemens India Ltd. in Bombay. His diploma thesis was about mechanisms of Homogeneous Nucleation from Solutions. After graduation in 1982 he joined the research group of William N. Gill at State University of New York at Buffalo, USA, where he worked on mixed convection effects of Dendritic Growth from Melts. From 1984 to 1989 he joined the research group of Alfons Mersmann at Technische Unversitat Munchen and received his Dr.-Ing. degree with a thesis about modeling of Secondary Nucleation from Solution. From 1989 to 1997 he joined BASF AG in Ludwigshafen and took responsibility for process engineering and development in the field of Formation and Separation of Solids. In 1984 he received the Arnold-Eucken-Preis from Verein Deutscher Ingenieure - Gesellschaft fur Verfahrenstechnik und Chemieingenieurwesen. Since 1989 he is professor of Thermal Process Engineering at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (former Universitat Karlsruhe (TH)). His principal research interest is about Formation of Solids (crystallization, precipitation, polymerization, granulation) and about Heat and Mass Transfer in Multi Phase Flow. He is member of the several boards of working groups. He is member of the editorial board of the VDI-Heat Atlas. He was dean of his faculty and currently is member of the senate of his university. He is member of the Heidelberg Academy of Sciences and Humanities.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication22/04/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note86 black & white illustrations, 145 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight777 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byHeike P. Schuchmann,Heinz Rehage,Matthias Kind,Wolfgang Peukert
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.98Trending at AU $78.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.