All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionColloquial Arabic (Levantine) offers you a step-by-step approach to the Arabic spoken in Jordan, Syria, Leban and Palestine. Levantine Arabic is widely recognized as one of the major languages of Arabic radio and television. Specially written by an international authority on teaching Arabic as a foreign language, Colloquial Arabic (Levantine) is the ideal course for self-study or class use and requires previous kwledge of the language. What makes Colloquial Arabic (Levantine) your best choice in personal language learning? * Interactive - lots of dialogues and exercises for regular practice. * Clear - concise grammar tes. * Complete - including answer key and dictionary section * Helpful - provides invaluable guidance on everything related to language in its social, cultural, and religious contexts. * Invative - the course also teaches the skills of reading Arabic script. Accompanying audio material is available to purchase separately on CD/MP3 format, or comes included in the great value Colloquials Pack.
- Author BiographyLeslie Mcloughlin is Honarary research fellow at the department of Arabic and Islamic Studies at Exeter. He was Director of Studies at the Middle East Centre for Arab Studies (MECAS), Shemlan, Lebanon 1965-68 and 1970-75. He also taught at Columbia University and the University of Pennsylvania in 1969 and 1970. In 1987 he founded the MECAS Association. He has published several text books for modern Arabic, spoken and writtten. He has lectured in Arabic in many Arabic countries and most recently in Oman and Saudi Arabia. He interpreted for HM The Queen and Her Majesty's Government from 1983-2004. As a University Fellow at Exeter he has taught all years of the undergraduate programme in Arabic and has taught a Master's course in translation. As a historian he has specialized in the history of Saudi Arabia and published a biography of the first King, Ibn Saud, in 1993.
- Author(s)Leslie McLoughlin,Mohammad Al-Masri
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/12/2008
- LanguageArabic & English
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleColloquial Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 10
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables, 11 black & white line drawings
- Weight272 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.