Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.44Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book looks at the history of Colonial Georgia from 1732-1800. It includes the founding of Georgia as a colony by James Oglethorpe, its time as a Royal Colony under three Royal goverrs, the Revolutionary War, and its first years as a state of the United States. Along the way, we meet some interesting people, including the aforementioned Oglethorpe, his friend Chief Tomochichi, Mary Musgrove, the Empress of Georgia, John & Charles Wesley, who spent two (unsuccessful) years in Georgia, George Whitefield, and Johann Bolzius, pastor of the Salzburger congregation in Ebenezer, Georgia. And we'll examine Oglethorpe's invasion of Florida, and the Spanish invasion of Georgia in 1742. In Revolutionary War times, we meet the three signers of the Declaration of Independence from Georgia - Lyman Hall, George Walton and Button Gwinnett. We meet some great military leaders from Georgia, including Elijah Clarke, Samuel Elbert and Lachlan McIntosh. And one hero that is in a class by herself - Nancy Hart. We look at some significant Georgia battles, including Kettle Creek, Brier Creek and the Siege of Savannah. After the Revolutionary War, we'll watch as Georgia takes its first nascent steps towards self-government, as well as what is perhaps the greatest governmental scandal in Georgia's history - the Yazoo Land Fraud, when Georgia legislators took bribes to sell large tracts of land in Alabama and Mississippi to speculators.
- Author BiographyRobert C. Jones served as President of the Kennesaw Historical Society for 21 years (1994-2015), and also served as a member of the executive board of the Kennesaw Museum Foundation for 17 years (1998-2015). The Museum Foundation helped fund the 45,000 square foot Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History in Kennesaw, GA. Robert has written a number of books on Civil War and Revolutionary War themes, including The End of the Civil War: 1865, South Carolina and Georgia in the American Revolution, and Heroes and Heroines of the American Revolution.
- Author(s)Robert C Jones
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication24/01/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.