All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionBeginning with McKim, Mead, Bigelow, and White's famous sketching trip of 1877, architects have recorded the historic architecture of rthern New England and incorporated its imagery into their own designs. Colonial Revival Maine provides an insightful account of how an interest in the classical influences of colonial- and federal-era buildings engaged the imagination of a group of Boston-based architects and their draftsmen. together, these under-appreciated designers would create the charming streetscapes and bucolic retreats that today dot the Maine coast. The summer cottages built for the wealthy Boston elite in the resort communities of the Kennebunks, Bath, and North Haven form the focus of this richly illustrated book. Period drawings and archival photographs of interiors and furnishings are supplemented with exterior views, which capture the special relationship between the highly refined buildings and the rugged coastal landscape. newly commissioned photographs help to create a rich portrait of one of America s favorite styles in what is still today one of its prime vacation destinations.
- Author BiographyKevin Murphy teaches at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York and Brooklyn College.
- Author(s)Kevin Murphy
- PublisherPrinceton Architectural Press
- Date of Publication07/01/2004
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton Architectural Press
- Content Note60 colour illustrations
- Weight993 g
- Width254 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.