All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionColonial Roots: Settlement to 1783, the first volume in the six-title series History Through Literature: American Voices, American Themes, provides insights and analysis regarding the history, literature, and cultural climate of the nation's formative era. It brings together informational text and primary documents that cover table historic events and trends, authors, literary works, social movements, and cultural and artistic themes.
Colonial Roots begins with an interdisciplinary chrology that identifies, defines, and places in context the table historical events, literary works, authors' lives, and cultural landmarks of the period. This is followed by a comprehensive overview essay that summarises the era's major historical trends, social movements, cultural and artistic themes, literary voices, and enduring works as reflections of each other and the spirit of the times.
The core content comprises 20-30 articles on representative writers of the period, along with excerpts from essential literary works that highlight a historical theme, sociocultural movement, or the confluence of the two. These excerpts serve the Common Core emphasis on informational texts from a broad range of cultures and periods , including stories, drama, poetry, and literary nfiction .
- Author BiographyPublished to coincide with the 20th anniversary of the Kwangju incident .
- Author(s)Jeffrey H. Hacker
- PublisherM.E. Sharpe
- Date of Publication30/11/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleSharpe Insights
- Place of PublicationArmonk, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintM.E. Sharpe
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byJeffrey H. Hacker
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.