Color Atlas of Dental Hygiene: Periodontology by Herbert F. Wolf, Edith M. Rateitschak-Pluss, Thomas Michael Hassell, Klaus H. Rateitschak (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $93.22Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $40.00+ postage
- Good condition
- Sold by rehughes1994
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDental hygiene professionals need the very best scientific and clinical kwledge at their fingertips to effectively assist in the prevention and treatment of periodontal disease. Periodontology puts the needs of hygienists center stage, providing a detailed and brilliantly illustrated reference for daily practice, and a wealth of kwledge to underpin successful diagsis and treatment. A firm grasp of the pathogenesis of periodontal disease is essential for the hygienist. This book clearly outlines the vital concepts in immulogy, genetics and destruction and repair of periodontal tissues. The invations and new scientific evidence in these fields are lucidly described and invoke new approaches to etiology, diagsis and treatment. The importance of links between oral health and general systemic health cant be overestimated. Periodontology conclusively demonstrates the necessity for patient and clinician to keep these associations to the forefront of risk assessment and treatment. The benefits of this integrated approach will be clearly seen in the focus on prevention of oral disease, a primary objective for all hygiene professionals. The book shows how the systemic considerations influence the combination of diagstic, therapeutic, pharmacological and mechanical treatment strategies. Frequently encountered disorders such as gingival recession and pathological changes in the peridontium are comprehensively documented and the range of prevention and treatment options set out. The inclusion of specialized subjects such as oral manifestations of HIV disease and the developments in its treatment serve to underline the key position of the hygienist in the wider health care team. The exceptional color photos throughout will be an indispensable guide to clinicians and students, and indeed a welcome resource for educators. From diagstic tools such as depictions of levels of bleeding right through to detailed instrumentation techniques, these photos and their concise accompanying text form an outstanding best-practice guide. Concluding with the American Academy of Periodontology's Classification of Periodontal Disease, Periodontology will augment the kwledge and skills of dental hygienists, keeping practitioners up to date and providing students with the essential kwledge base for a career in periodontics.
- Author(s)Edith M. Rateitschak-Pluss,Herbert F. Wolf,Klaus H. Rateitschak,Thomas Michael Hassell
- PublisherThieme Publishing Group
- Date of Publication30/06/2006
- SubjectDentistry & Dental Nursing
- Place of PublicationStuttgart
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintThieme Publishing Group
- Content Note1174
- Weight1476 g
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.