All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe digital colorist's job is longer to simply balance, fix, and optimize. Today's filmmakers often want to recreate the idiosyncrasies of older recording methods, or are looking for something completely new, to differentiate the look of a given project. Furthermore, end-to-end digital shooting, postproduction, and distribution means that stylizations and effects once created by the film lab are longer photochemically available. The color grading suite has become the lab, and these sorts of stylizations are w part of the colorist's job description. In this follow-up volume to the bestseller Color Correction Handbook, Alexis Van Hurkman walks you through twenty-one categories of creative grading techniques, designed to give you an arsenal of stylizations you can pull out of your hat when the client asks for something special, unexpected, and unique. Each chapter presents an in-depth examination and step-by-step, cross-platform breakdown of stylistic techniques used in music videos, commercial spots, and cinema. These customizable techniques can be mixed and matched for your own unique effects and include: * bleach bypass looks * cross-processing simulation * day-for-night treatments * emulating film stocks * flat looks * glows, blooms, and gauze looks * grain, ise, and texture * greenscreen compositing workflows * lens flaring and veiling glare * light leaks and color bleeds * monitor and screen glow * mochrome looks * sharpening * tints and color washes * undertones * vibrance and targeted saturation * and many more!
- Author BiographyAlexis Van Hurkman is a writer, director, and colorist based in Saint Paul, Minnesota. He has written widely on the topic of color correction, including Color Correction Handbook; Adobe SpeedGrade Classroom in a Book; Autodesk Smoke Essentials; and Apple Pro Training Series titles The Encyclopedia of Color Correction, Advanced Color Correction and Effects in Final Cut Pro, and Final Cut Pro X Advanced Editing. Alexis has also written software documentation, including the DaVinci Resolve Manual and the Apple Color User Manual. As a working colorist, Alexis grades a wide variety of commercial and independent projects for broadcast, narrative and documentary features and shorts, spots, and experimental subjects. You can learn more about Alexis at http://vanhurkman.com/ or follow him on Twitter at @hurkman.
- Author(s)Alexis Van Hurkman
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication17/12/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeachpit Press Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight466 g
- Width204 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.