Colored Gemstones: How to Select, Buy, Care for & Enjoy Sapphires, Emeralds, Rubies & Other Colored Gems with Confidence & Knowledge by Antoinette Leonard Matlins (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.77Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book gives you all the information you need to buy, collect, sell or simply enjoy sapphires, emeralds, rubies and other coloured gemstones with confidence and kwledge. With more varieties than ever before to choose from, including altogether new gems, revolutionary new cuts and new ways to buy gems -- such as Internet auctions and TV shopping -- there has never been a more exciting time to buy or collect coloured gemstones. But there are also new high-tech treatments and sophisticated frauds to look out for. Lack of information, error or misrepresentation can make the thrill of buying a gem or piece of jewellery confusing, intimidating, overwhelming and costly. Buyers need a source of expert guidance. This practical, comprehensive, easy-to-understand guide provides all the information you need in order to kw what to look for, and what to look out for, including: What qualifies as a gemstone ?; How to evaluate colour -- and its impact on price; Deciding between a natural gem and an enhanced gem ...and new glass-gemstone compositions; Coloured gemstone synthesis and treatment; What to get in writing; How to get what you want within your budget; Price guides for popular gems, opals and synthetic stones; Important information about buying on the Internet; What to ask when buying the stone . ..and much more! Written by an insider , this easy-to-read guide is the ufficial coloured gemstone bible for anyone who wants to get the most for their money and enjoy what they have purchased.
- Author BiographyAntoinette L Matlins PG, is an internationally respected gem and jewellery expert, author, lecturer and popular media guest. Her books are widely used throughout the world by consumers and professionals in the gem and jewellery field alike. Antonio C Bonanno FGA ASA MGA, was one of America's most distinguished gemologists. For over 40 years, he was President of the National Gem Appraising Laboratory, and Director of the Columbia School of Gemology in Silver Spring, Maryland.
- Author(s)Antoinette Leonard Matlins
- PublisherGemstone Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationVermont
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGemstone Press
- Out-of-print date22/02/2016
- Content Notecolour photos & tables
- Weight514 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.