Colorscape: An Around-the-World Guide to Color by FORMS Inc., Naomi Kuno (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.93+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
About this product
- DescriptionColours convey a wide spectrum of emotions and a variety of messages. The multitude of colour names alone - just look at any retail catalogue - are testimony to our sensibilities and imagination. A treasure trove of evocative colours and colour combinations, Colours In Context is a handy reference for those looking for ideas. The unique chapter headings are: Colours of the Countries of the World; Colours of History, Ideology, Religion, and Mythology; Colours of Literature, Art, Music, and Handicraft; Colours of Celestial Bodies, Nature, and Meteorology; Colours of Flora and Fauna; and, Colours of Daily Life. Each chapter has a section within that contain a sample photographic image and a selection of colours relating thematically. For example, the colours in the France section include Paris Pink, French Mauve, and Versailles (all actual colour names!). Each colour is accompanied by a brief description with a visual cue (Bleu France, for example, is the exact shade of blue used in the French flag) as well as a list of evocative words associated with that hue (Light Paris Green: Refreshing, Invigorating, Healthy). This invative approach enables the reader to understand colours on a verbal as well as visual level. The meanings, images, and stories behind a myriad of colours is sure to provide endless creative inspiration. Colors In Context includes information on colour formulas for the internet as well as print (RBG/CMYK). A colour index is provided at the end of the book, in which the 658 colours are collected in 11 genealogical colour groups (Pink Group, Red Group), as well as a keyword index, making it possible to search for specific colours in a variety of ways.
- Author(s)FORMS Inc.,Naomi Kuno
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication06/09/2007
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarper Design International
- Content NoteFull-colour illustrations
- Weight437 g
- Width171 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.