All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new book by John Gage, author of the award-winning Colour and Culture , is wide-ranging and engaging introduction to the place and power of colour in life and art. Brilliant reproductions of works by such artists as Wassily Kandinsky, Vincent van Gogh, Josef Albers and Anish Kapoor accompany the discussion, which ranges from synaesthesia, Theosophy and theatre design to chromotherapy and chromophobia.
- Author BiographyJohn Gage is the former Head of the Department of History of Art at Cambridge University. He is an acknowledged international authority on the history of art and colour and has written many books on the subject, including Colour and Culture and Colour and Meaning, both published by Thames & Hudson.
- Author(s)John Gage
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication05/02/2007
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleWorld of Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Note196 illustrations, 167 in colour
- Weight490 g
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.