All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionEXPANDED WITH A NEW EPILOGUE The tragedies keep coming. As we reel from the latest horror . . . So begins a new epilogue, illustrating how Columbine became the template for nearly two decades of spectacle murders. It is a false script, seized upon by a generation of new killers. In the wake of Newtown, Aurora, and Virginia Tech, the imperative to understand the crime that sparked this plague grows more urgent every year. What really happened April 20, 1999? The horror left an indelible stamp on the American psyche, but most of what we kw is wrong. It wasn't about jocks, Goths, or the Trench Coat Mafia. Dave Cullen was one of the first reporters on scene, and spent ten years on this book-widely recognized as the definitive account. With a keen investigative eye and psychological acumen, he draws on mountains of evidence, insight from the world's leading forensic psychologists, and the killers' own words and drawings-several reproduced in a new appendix. Cullen paints raw portraits of two polar opposite killers. They contrast starkly with the flashes of resilience and redemption among the survivors.
- Author BiographyDave Cullen is a journalist and author who has contributed to Slate, Salon, and the New York Times. He is considered the nation's foremost authority on the Columbine killers, and has also written extensively on Evangelical Christians, gays in the military, politics, and pop culture. A graduate of the MFA program at the University of Boulder, Cullen has won several writing awards, including a GLAAD Media Award, Society of Professional Journalism awards, and several Best of Salon citations.
- Author(s)Dave Cullen
- PublisherTime Warner Trade Publishing
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWarner Books Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Most relevant reviews
- jbirkin18716 Feb, 2017by
Best book on colo
The real story of columbine all the myths debunked
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.