All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on a very active area of mathematical research in the last decade, Combinatorics of Set Partitions presents methods used in the combinatorics of pattern avoidance and pattern enumeration in set partitions. Designed for students and researchers in discrete mathematics, the book is a one-stop reference on the results and research activities of set partitions from 1500 A.D. to today. Each chapter gives historical perspectives and contrasts different approaches, including generating functions, kernel method, block decomposition method, generating tree, and Wilf equivalences. Methods and definitions are illustrated with worked examples and Maple(TM) code. End-of-chapter problems often draw on data from published papers and the author's extensive research in this field. The text also explores research directions that extend the results discussed. C++ programs and output tables are listed in the appendices and available for download on the author's web page.
- Author BiographyToufik Mansour is a professor in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Haifa. Dr. Mansour has authored/co-authored more than 200 papers and is a reviewer for many journals, including Advances in Applied Mathematics, Discrete Mathematics, Discrete Applied Mathematics, European Journal of Combinatorics, and the Journal of Combinatorial Theory Series A. His research focuses on pattern avoidance in permutations, colored permutations, set partitions, words, and compositions.
- Author(s)Toufik Mansour
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/07/2012
- Series TitleDiscrete Mathematics and its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Number74
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note38 black & white illustrations, 46 black & white tables
- Weight975 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $36.17Trending at AU $70.69
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.