All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book the author sets out to answer two important questions: 1. Which numerical methods may be combined together? 2. How can different numerical methods be matched together? In doing so the author presents a number of useful combinations, for instance, the combination of various FEMs, the combinations of FEM-FDM, REM-FEM, RGM-FDM, etc. The combined methods have many advantages over single methods: high accuracy of solutions, less CPU time, less computer storage, easy coupling with singularities as well as the complicated boundary conditions. Since coupling techniques are essential to combinations, various matching strategies among different methods are carefully discussed. The author provides the matching rules so that optimal convergence, even superconvergence, and optimal stability can be achieved, and also warns of the matching pitfalls to avoid. Audience: The book is intended for both mathematicians and engineers and may be used as text for advanced students.
- Author(s)Zi Cai Li
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication10/12/2011
- Series TitleMathematics and its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Number444
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight802 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1998
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.