All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn World War Two, the most effective fighting units were usually small - submarine crews, infantry platoons, commandos, and bomber crews. Of these it could be said that the men who crewed the bombers caused more damage to the enemy and had a greater impact on the outcome of the conflict than any number of the rest. Most of the aircrews were volunteers (in the RAF, they all were), intelligent, fit, and highly trained. Each knew he was essential to the team; he knew that a mistake by anyone could mean the death of all. Their interdependence was a welding influence. This library of rare archive photography provides a pictorial history with which to better understand the true extent of Allied operations during the second half of the Second World War, after America had fused its allegiance and the Allied contingent fired itself up for a reactionary attack against Nazi Germany, following a series of defeats and setbacks at their hands during the first half of the war. First-hand accounts from both American and British bomber pilots feature. An account of the dramatic attack at Peenemunde is included as well as a host of accounts of the 3 December 1943 RAF bombing raid on Berlin.They work to create a real sense of precisely what 'round the clock' actually meant, as these concentrated attacks drained pilots of every ounce of energy they possessed.
- Author BiographyPhilip Kaplan has written or co-authored and designed twenty books, including; One Last Look, Abbeville Press, 1988; Little Friends, Random House, 1993, Fighter Pilot, Aurum Press, 2002. He is the author of several Pen and Sword publications including Night and Day Bomber Offensive (2006), Fighter Aces of the Luftwaffe in World War II.
- Author(s)Philip Kaplan
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication27/04/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Aviation
- Content Note150 black and white images approx.
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine0 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.