Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionCool-burning with the strange and the sensual, this collection of poems takes the imposing realities of political, environmental, and social upheaval, and infuses each with personal elements. The poems draw on themes as widespread as the poet's left-wing activist and union organizer past, the loss of her parents, the Iraq War, and the homeless, all seen through the gritty lens of New York City and with a persistent inner dialogue about love, family, and doubt.
- Author BiographyLeanne Averbach is a Canadian poet and filmmaker. Her poetry collection Fever was shortlisted for the Gerald Lampert Memorial Prize. A short film based on her poetry, Teacups & Mink, has also garnered numerous awards. She lives in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Author(s)Leanne Averbach
- PublisherTightrope Books
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTightrope Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width150 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.