All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a rhythmic collection of a myriad of styles, Nils Michals compiles a book which presents a haunted version of human consciousness, eager to transcend its earthly realm. Filled with distinct styles and unique language, Michals demonstrates his prowess by contemplating our world as we kw it-with a drastic re-imaginings. The speaker breaks down all the personal walls of contemporary poetry, incorporating second-person narratives and distant point-of-views. The poet accomplishes the essential task of taking from the ordinary and creating the extraordinary in his observations of nature, news, and everyday life. Come Down to Earth is a carousel of emotions. All of poetry's past is present in Michals's book: love, death, pain, happiness, reality, sublime, confessional, and dozens more. Through the exploitation of the human mind and its relation to the earth, there is a substantial, universal truth in Michals's writings. His subtle honesty emanates through outlandish language and style, and speaks to every human being who has experienced life first-hand.
- Author BiographyNILS MICHALS is the winner of the May Sarton New Hampshire Poetry Prize in 2013, and has also written the book Lure, which won the Lena-Miles Wever Todd award in 2004. His poetry has been featured in The Bacon Review, diode, White Whale Review, Bay Poetics, The Laurel Review and Sonora Review. He teaches at the University of Colorado at Boulder.
- PublisherBauhan (William L.),U.S.
- Date of Publication30/11/2013
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBauhan (William L.),U.S.
- Weight159 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.