All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionRead on to discover...* The truth about upside-down rainbows. * The pioneers of meteorology - their instruments and inventions. * How to win a balloon race. * The largest raindrops ever recorded. * 'Watermelon sw', 'thundersw' and 'weather bombs'. * The ten main types of cloud and the different features of lightning. The weather is a subject that the British simply cant leave alone, and for good reason - it's likely that for more than half the year they will experience at least three seasons in one day, so there's always plenty to talk about. This charming miscellany, as wide-ranging and unpredictable as the weather itself, is filled with curious historical facts, amazing statistics and fascinating anecdotes that will keep you entertained come rain or shine!
- Author BiographyStorm Dunlop is an author and translator whose books on astronomy and meteorology have been translated into 23 languages. His extensive published works include Collins Gem Weather, How to Identify Weather and Wild Guide Weather. He is a Fellow of both the Royal Astronomical Society and the Royal Meteorological Society.
- Author(s)Storm Dunlop
- PublisherSummersdale Publishers
- Date of Publication09/07/2015
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSummersdale Publishers
- Width116 mm
- Height182 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.