CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.02
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.52
- AU $10.42Trending at AU $18.59
- AU $20.24Trending at AU $25.28
- AU $14.25Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $14.52
About this product
- SynopsisOriginal, perceptive and very funny, Josie Lloyd and Emlyn Rees collaboration is the first romantic comedy to be told from both the mans and the woman's perspective -- in alternate chapters. Jack Rossiter, a single guy who'd rather run a marathon than have a relationship, meets Amy Crosbie, a beautiful and earnest woman who is looking for The Man. Its a disaster from the start. Jacks vaguely interested, but then Amy tells him that she was really interested in his best friend. She tells him this after sleeping with him. Then he doesn't call and she wonders why. But for some reason, Jack eventually does call Amy. And they go on a date. And another one. They like each other. They acknowledge they like each other. Amy begins to think that she may have finally found her man, but she may be very wrong. As the two voices reveal their story, which involves dates, drink, shouting matches, misunderstandings, a romantic weekend get-away, best friends, true love and undisguised lust, we experience a true modern romance through this unlikely couples amazing affair. Come Together is the story that proves that love is still possible even for the most improbable people. Meet Jack. . . Jack Rossiter. I'm twenty-seven years old, single, and live with my best mate, Matt. Matt and I started hanging out when we were eight. Life was simpler then. Our idea of fashion was polyester. I told him that I wanted to be a spy and he asked me who Id marry. I imagined falling in love with a girl so perfect I couldn't even guess her name. Things have changed since then. I did fall in love for a while but it didn't work out. And single is good, single is fun. Meet Amy. . . I know this all sounds dramatic, but H (my best friend) knows my horrible secret. . . Oh, God, I cant even bring myself to think about it, but the truth is. . . .I haven't had sex for over six months. I guess this technically makes me a virgin... Whatever it makes me, its not normal for a healthy twenty-five year old girl. SIX MONTHS! I mean, I've got my own flat, I've got A levels -- so come on down Mr. Right. At least it would get my mother off my back. NOW FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY MEET EACH OTHER. . .,Two of London's rising stars presents a hip, ironic postmodern love story that provides the reader with the female and male versions of the same events, in alternating chapters.,Written in chapters with alternating viewpoints, an ironic love story chronicles the growing romance between twenty-seven-year-old Jack Rositer, who dreams of the perfect woman, and Amy Crosbie, a twenty-five-year-old single and desperate woman, from their first meeting at a party.
- AuthorEmlyn Rees,Josie Lloyd
- Number Of Pages304 pages
- Publication Date1999-03-30
- PublisherRandom House Publishing Group
- Weight16.6 Oz
- Height1.1 In.
- Width5.5 In.
- Length8.2 In.
- LC Classification NumberPR6062.L645C65 1999
- Dewey Decimal823.9/14
- Dewey Edition21
- Reviews"COME TOGETHER has a certain kind of zippy freshness, as twentysomethings Jack Rossiter and Amy Crosbie lurch between assorted emotional meltdowns in their search for love in contemporary London. . . deftly executed." -- The Daily Telegraph
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.