All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMary Ann Taylor-Hall's highly acclaimed first vel, Come and Go , Molly Sw, introduces us to Carrie Marie Mullins, a gifted Kentucky bluegrass fiddler and singer in the Hawktown Road band. After moving to Lexington to develop her talents, Carrie becomes infatuated with the band's leader, Cap Dunlap. Her romantic distraction prevents Carrie from saving her five-year-old daughter, Molly, when she careens down the driveway and is killed by a truck. Overwhelmed with grief, Carrie breaks down. Cap finds Carrie in this state of distress and takes her to Ona and Ruth Barkley, two elderly sisters living in an old farmhouse. It is on the sisters' farm that Carrie is able to slowly come to terms with her heartache and guilt over Molly's death. As she picks up the pieces of her shattered life, Carrie draws on the two women's friendship, her inner strength, and finally, the healing power of music.
- Author BiographyMary Ann Taylor-Hall is the author of How She Knows What She Knows About Yo-Yos, a ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year, and the recently published At The Breakers: A Novel. Come and Go, Molly Snow was chosen as a Barnes & Noble Discovery selection in 1995.
- Author(s)Mary Ann Taylor-Hall
- PublisherThe University Press of Kentucky
- Date of Publication15/11/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleKentucky Voices
- Place of PublicationLexington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University Press of Kentucky
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.41Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.