All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublished in 1989 to wide acclaim, Come the Morning was one of the first vels for older children to treat the problem of homelessness realistically. Fifteen years later, with unemployment and poverty on the rise again and homeless families haunting the streets of all our major cities, the book remains as sobering and timely as it was in the late 1980s. Stark and sparsely written, this vel is a moving account of a young man forced to measure memory and love against reason and reality. It is at once an illuminating look at the surreal lives of America's homeless and a tribute to the strength of faith and family. The new edition of this prize-winning vel is enriched with twenty striking photographs by Marissa Roth and a new afterword and commentary by the author.
- Author BiographyMark Jonathan Harris is a professor in the School of Cinema-Television at the University of Southern California. He is the author of many books, including Solay (Bradbury, 1993), Confessions of a Prime Time Kid (Lothrop, Lee & Shepard, 1981), and The Last Run (Lothrop, Lee & Shepard, 1981). Also a film director, he has won three Academy Awards for his documentaries, most recently in 2000 for into the Arms of Strangers: Stories of the Kindertransport. Marissa Roth is a freelance photojournalist based in Los Angeles. She has worked for numerous publications, including the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Los Angeles Times. She was part of the Los Angeles Times photography staff that won the Pulitzer Prize for Best Spot News for its photographic coverage of the 1992 Los Angeles Riots. She has published two books of her photographs, Real City: Downtown Los Angeles Inside/Out (Angel City Press, 2001) and Burning Heart: A Portrait of the Philippines (Rizzoli, 1999).
- Author(s)Mark Jonathan Harris
- PublisherWayne State University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2005
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleLandscapes of Childhood S.
- Place of PublicationDetroit, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWayne State University Press
- Content Note20 illustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Photographs byMarissa Roth
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Interest Age10+
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $31.03New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $26.24Trending at AU $31.03
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.47
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $92.43
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.