All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionComeback Cities shows how invative, pragmatic tactics for ameliorating the nation's urban ills have produced results beyond anyone's expectations, reawakening America's toughest neighborhoods. In the past, big government and business working separately were unable to solve the inner city crisis. Today, a blend of public-private partnerships, grassroots nprofit organizations, and a willingness to experiment characterize what is best among the new approaches to urban problem solving. Pragmatism, t dogma, has produced the charter-school movement and the police's new focus on quality of life issues. The new breed of big city mayors has welcomed business back into the city, stressed performance and results at city agencies, downplayed divisive racial politics, and cracked down on symptoms of social disorder. As a consequence, America's inner cities are becoming vital communities once again.
- Author BiographyPaul Grogan has been a leader in revitalizing America's cities for over twenty years. He has directed a number of major nonprofits that channel funds to grassroots, inner-city community groups. He now serves as President of The Boston Foundation. A former associate editor of the Miami Herald, Tony Proscio is a consultant to foundations and civic organizations and a free-lance writer on urban affairs. He lives in Brooklyn, New York.
- Author(s)Paul Grogan,Tony Proscio
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication27/11/2001
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestview Press Inc
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight414 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.