All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough many of Chaucer's sources have been exhaustively studied, relatively little work has been done on the influence of his contemporary Boccaccio, a gap which this book aims to fill. It examines the relationship of the comic tales, the so-called fabliaux, in Chaucer's 'Canterbury Tales' and Boccaccio's 'Decameron', demonstrating that t only did Chaucer draw on Boccaccio's work, but that they shared the same comic literary tradition stretching back into antiquity. By putting the tales and the characters side-by-side, it throws new light on Chaucer's inventiveness and mode of working. Professor CAROL FALVO HEFFERNAN teaches at the Department of English, Rutgers University, New Jersey.
- Author BiographyProfessor Carol F Heffernan is Professor at the Department of English, Rutgers University, New York.
- Author(s)Carol Falvo Heffernan
- PublisherBoydell & Brewer Ltd
- Date of Publication17/09/2009
- LanguageEnglish & Italian & Latin
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleChaucer Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 40
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2009
- ImprintD.S. Brewer
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight415 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.