Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionPutting the foods you love back on the table We've revamped over 175 feel-good favorites (like creamy Macaroni and Cheese, Meat and Cheese Lasagna, and Fudgy Brownies) including 50 comfort-food restaurant favorites from the likes of The Cheesecake Factory (New York-Style Cheesecake), Olive Garden (Fettuccini Alfredo), Chili's (Nachos), and Au Bon Pain (Cinnamon Rolls) slashing thousands of calories and hundreds of grams of fat along the way. How did we do it? We put flavor first and used our test kitchen experience, smart ingredient substitutions ( fake fats or artificial sweeteners allowed), and invative cooking techniques to make comfort food that you'll actually be comfortable eating. Comfort Food Makeovers isn't simply a collection of these tested and perfected recipes; it's an arsenal of fat and calorie-cutting strategies you can put to use. Use them to transform your own recipes into better tasting food that's better for you. We include a list of our key go-to ingredients that helped lighten or add flavor to the recipes in the book, as well as the essential equipment we found ourselves using again and again as we developed the recipes over time. Dramatic before and after counts for calories, grams of fat, and grams of saturated fat appear with each recipe, and full nutritional information for the recipes is provided at the back of the book.
- Author BiographyThis book has been tested, written, and edited by the test cooks, editors, food scientists, tasters, and cookware specialists at America s Test Kitchen, a 2,500-square-foot kitchen located just outside Boston. It is the home ofCook s Illustratedmagazine andCook s Countrymagazine, the public television cooking showsAmerica s Test KitchenandCook s Country from America s Test Kitchen, America s Test Kitchen Radio, and the online America s Test Kitchen Cooking School.
- PublisherAmerica's Test Kitchen
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationMA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerica's Test Kitchen
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight885 g
- Width185 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byAmerica's Test Kitchen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.