All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionPart of a ten-volume bibliography series on comic art compiled by John A. Lent during the past decade, this volume provides more information on U.S. and Canadian comic art, animation, caricature, and gag, political, illustrative, and magazine cartoons than any other printed source in the world. Lent, founding editor of International Journal of Comic Art and longtime scholar of cartooning globally, takes great pains to be exhaustive, representative, and accurate in providing 11,367 citations of books, chapters, articles, and fugitive materials gleaned from a variety of sources worldwide, including about 400 periodicals and journals. Easy to use, incorporating a well-structured outline that includes categories and sub-categories, Lent spans every conceivable aspect of comic art. Other features include periodical directories for both Canada and the United States with addresses, typical contents, and inaugural dates of 101 comic art-related journals, magazines, and fanzines, and citations to hundreds of cartoonists and animators and their characters and works. Undoubtedly, this volume and the other nine in the Greenwood/Praeger series are unequalled as the definitive comic art bibliographies.
- Author BiographyJOHN A. LENT has pioneered all aspects of Asian and Caribbean mass communications and popular culture, as well as comic art, development communication, and women and the media. His 60 books and 800 articles dating back to the 1960s are among the first writings on these subjects. He has held positions as Rogers Distinguished Professor at the University of Western Ontario, Visiting Professor at Shanghai University, and since 1976, Professor of Communication at Temple University. Dr. Lent also serves as Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Comic Art.
- Author(s)John A. Lent
- Date of Publication28/02/2005
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Series TitleBibliographies & Indexes in Popular Culture
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 12
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1152 g
- Width162 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine43 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.