All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis high-quality hardcover coffee-table book offers a unique peek at the comic conventions before they were big pop culture events, when the giants of the industry mingled casually with their peers and fans. It features some 600 candid photos of comics creators taken in the 1990s, along with commentary and anecdotes about each person. The candid photos depict t only Golden and Silver Age comic book greats and mainstream creators of the period, but also publishers and editors, underground and alternative cartoonists, big-name fans, comic strip cartoonists, animation directors and voice actors, science fiction and fantasy authors, and movie and TV celebrities.
- Author BiographyJackie Estrada has been involved in comics since the late 1960s, when she and her then-husband Davey Estrada collected comics and subscribed to just about every fanzine. She attended the first San Diego Comic-Con in the summer of 1970 and she has been to all of them ever since. She began volunteering with Comic-Con in 1975, handling PR chores. She went on to edit the souvenir book and other publications beginning in 1977, and off and on through the 1980s and into the 1990s. Since 1990 she has been the administrator of the Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards, comics' most prestigious awards program, and over the last decade she has produced Comic-Con s at-show events guide. Jackie has been an avid photographer since her first course in college in the mid-1960s, and her photos of comics creators have appeared in numerous books and publications.
- Author(s)Jackie Estrada
- PublisherExhibit A Press
- Date of Publication10/09/2015
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintExhibit A Press
- Weight930 g
- Width310 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.