All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an insider s guide to how the comic book industry works. You ll learn how comic book superheroes are created and the deeper meanings they represent. You ll follow the development of sequential art storytelling from caveman wall paintings to modern manga and cinematic techniques. Here you will explore comics in all forms: those flimsy pamphlets we call comic books; thick graphic vels; Japanese manga; and blockbuster movies featuring epic battles between good and evil. But behind it all, you ll discover how comics are an intellectual property business, the real money found in licensed bedsheets and fast-food merchandise, heart-pounding theme park rides and collectible toys, video games, and Hollywood extravaganza featuring such popular superheroes as Spider-Man, Superman, X-Men, and Batman.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Shirrel Rhoades is a former executive vice president of Marvel Entertainment and publisher of Marvel Comics. During a forty-plus-year career, he has held executive positions with Reader's Digest, Ladies' Home Journal, Redbook, Harper's, and Scholastic. He taught magazine management for seventeen years at New York University's Center for publishing, and he continues to consult in the magazine and comics industries.
- Author(s)Shirrel Rhoades
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2007
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteill.
- Weight1040 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.