All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe humor of Sherlock Holmes, Donald Westlake, Agatha Christie, Michael Innes, and Edmund Crispin are just a few of those discussed. A major point highlighted by this book is simply that wit, slapstick. laughter, and an anything-can-happen motif appear in a significant amount of fiction about crime.
- Author BiographyEarl F. Bargainnier ( 1987) was Fuller E. Callaway Professor of English Language and Literature at Wesleyan College. A former president of the Popular Culture Association, he was the author of more than sixty articles and The Gentle Art of Murder: The Detective Fiction of Agatha Christie. He also edited Twelve Englishmen of Mystery and co-edited Cops and Constables.
- PublisherUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Date of Publication15/05/1991
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationBowling Green
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBowling Green University Popular Press,US
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.