All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
About this product
- DescriptionSpring, 1947. In a few months' time the British flag will be lowered all over India, and with Independence thousands of those who made their lives there - as planters, civil servants, or in the Indian army - will be returning to England. Among those coming home, as everyone speaks of it, are Will and Flo Sutherland, who fell in love at the end of the war. India has been the defining experience of their lives: how will they make a new life w? Sue Gee's new vel is filled with pathos and humour, beautifully evoking an all-but vanished world.
- Author BiographySue Gee is the author of nine previous novels, including The Mysteries of Glass, long-listed for the 2005 Orange Prize for Fiction, and Reading in Bed (2008), which also received wide acclaim; and a short story collection, Last Fling (2011). She is a mentor on the Write to Life programme at Freedom from Torture, and teaches at the Faber Academy.She lives in London and Herefordshire.
- Author(s)Sue Gee
- PublisherHeadline Publishing Group
- Date of Publication22/05/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHeadline Review
- Weight300 g
- Width131 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.