Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionOlympia Crawford Rubinstein has a busy legal career, a solid marriage, and a way of managing her thriving family with grace, humour and boundless energy. With twin daughters finishing high school, a son at Dartmouth, and a kindergartener from her second marriage, there seems to be challenge to which Olympia cant rise. Until one sunny day in May, when she opens an invitation for her daughters to attend the most exclusive coming out ball in New York - and chaos erupts all around her. One twin's excitement is balanced by the other's outrage, her previous husband's profound sbbism is in sharp contrast to her current husband's flat refusal to attend. For Olympia's husband, Harry, whose parents survived the Holocaust, the idea of a blue-blood debutante ball is abhorrent. Her daughter, Veronica, a natural born rebel, agrees - while her identical twin, Virginia, is already shopping for the perfect dress. Then there's Olympia's ex, an insufferable sb, who sees the ball as the perfect opportunity for a family feud. And amid all the hubbub, Olympia's college-aged son, Charlie, is facing a turning point in his life -- and may need his mother more than ever. But despite it all, Olympia is determined to steer her family through the event - until, just days before the cotillion, things begin to unravel with alarming speed. From a son's crisis to a daughter's heartbreak, from a case of the chickenpox to a political debate raging in her household, Olympia is on the verge of surrender. And that is when, in a series of startling choices and changes of heart, family, friends and even a blue-haired teenager all find a way to turn a night of calamity into an evening of magic. For as old wounds are healed, barriers are shattered and new traditions are born, a debutante ball becomes a catalyst for change, revelation, acceptance, and love. In a vel that is by turns profound, poignant, moving, and warmly funny, Danielle Steel tells the story of an extraordinary family - finding new ways of letting go, stepping up and coming out...in the ways that matter most.
- Author BiographyDanielle Steel has been hailed as one of the world's most popular authors, with over 530 million copies of her novels sold. Her many international bestsellers include The House, Toxic Bachelors, Miracle, Impossible, Echoes, Second Chance, Ransom, and other highly acclaimed novels. She is also the author of His Bright Light, the story of her son Nick Traina's life and death.
- Author(s)Danielle Steel
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Press
- Out-of-print date13/03/2010
- Weight296 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.