All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $48.46Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- DescriptionThe editors of this anthology have set out to chronicle the global quest for identity, making a strong case for the personal and political importance of sharing our stories as they consider whether coming of age is a Western - or universal - concept. With luminaries such as Ben Okri, Chang-rae Lee and recent bestsellers including Marjane Satrapi and Alexandra Fuller, this collection includes detailed introductions to each piece of memoir, graphics, lyric prose and tales which provide historical and cultural context.
- Author BiographyFaith Adiele received the PEN Beyond Margins Award for her memoir about coming of age in Thailand, <i>Meeting Faith: The Forest Journals of a Black Buddhist Nun</i> (W.W. Norton). She is also the writer (and subject) of <i>My Journey Home</i>, a PBS documentary about growing up Nigerian/Nordic American. She resides in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where she is a professor of creative writing at the University of Pittsburgh. Mary Frosch is the editor of <i>Coming of Age in America</i> and <i>Coming of Age in the 21st Century</i> and the co-editor of <i>Coming of Age Around the World</i> (all available from The New Press). As a teacher at The Spence School she designed a world literature curriculum and helped implement the multicultural literature program. She divides her time between New York City and Santa Monica, California.
- PublisherThe New Press
- Date of Publication09/06/2007
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe New Press
- Weight366 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byFaith Adiele,Mary Frosch
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 4
- Reading AgeFrom 15
- Interest Age15+
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.