All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
About this product
- DescriptionIn December 1987 John Dawkins, the Australian Government Minister for Employment, Education and Training released a Green Paper that foreshadowed major changes in the tertiary education sector through the formation of a Unified National System. This was 16 years after the establishment of Griffith University and only 12 years since the admission of Griffith's first undergraduate students. Dawkins' ideas presented Griffith University with a dilemma: whether to continue being different from other Australian universities-a boutique institution committed to 'the Griffith way' in pedagogy with a relatively small student enrolment and academic profile-or to become more like its academic peers and embrace growth and diversity. In only three years Griffith amalgamated with other academic institutions to become a multi-campus university, while still retaining some of its founding characteristics. Griffith emerged from the changes as a large and complex institution, different in ways that its founders could t have imagined. Coming of Age traces the impact on Griffith University of the creation of the Unified National system.
- Author BiographyTerry Hogan has held many executive positions in the public and private sectors and in community organisations. In State Government he served as Deputy Director-General of the Queensland Department of the Premier and Cabinet and Director-General of the Queensland Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy. He iscurrently the Principal Policy Adviser to the Vice-Chancellor of Griffith University,Australia, and an Adjunct Professor of the University's Centre for Governance and Public Policy in theSchool of Government and International Relations.
- Author(s)Terry Hogan
- PublisherMelbourne University Press
- Date of Publication18/04/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2016
- ImprintAcademic Monographs
- Weight372 g
- Width143 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.