All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIncluded in this frequently inspiring and often poignant volume of plays, originally published in 1985, are works penned in the same era as the Vietnam War from some of the most revered playwrights in the national can. The challenging work within from playwrights like Terrence McNally, Emily Mann and David Rabe reflects on the social and political ethos of this pivotal moment for America.Plays include Streamers by David Rabe, Botticelli by Terrence McNally, How I Got That Story by Amlin Gray, Medal of Hor Rag by Tom Cole, Moonchildren by Michael Weller, Still Life by Emily Mann, and Strange Sw by Stephen Metcalfe.
- Author BiographyJames Reston, Jr. is an American author and journalist. Reston is the author of 13 books, three plays, and numerous articles in national magazines. His works of both fiction and non-fiction cover mostly historical and political topics. He was awarded the Prix Italia and the Dupont-Columbia Award for his 1983 90-minute radio documentary on National Public Radio, Father Cares: the Last of Jonestown. Three of his works, Galileo: A Life, The Last Apocalypse, and Warriors of God, have been translated into ten foreign languages. Warriors of God and Collision at Home Plate have been optioned by Hollywood. His latest work, The Accidental Victim, is a non-fiction book about John F. Kennedy's assassination which argues that Texas Governor John Connally was Lee Harvey Oswald's intended victim. Reston's articles have appeared in The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, Time, The New York Times Magazine, George, Esquire, American Theatre, Playboy, and Rolling Stone. In recent years he has lectured widely in the United States and overseas on the millennium and the Crusades, citing their relevance to modern issues.
- Author(s)James Reston
- PublisherTheatre Communications Group Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTheatre Communications Group Inc.,U.S.
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.25Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.