Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Beauregard and Custer to Lee and Sherman, twelve commanders from each side vividly describe what they and their men experienced at twelve of the war's most legendary battles from Fort Sumter to Appomattox Court House in accounts gathered from letters, memoirs, reports, and testimonies. They relate ted incidents and personal triumphs and tragedies while covering strategies and explaining battlefield decisions. Trench warfare at Petersburg and Sherman's scorched earth policy in Georgia foreshadowed the world wars to come, and techlogical advancements-such as armored steamships, landmines, and machine guns-literally changed the landscape of war. Submarines and a time bomb even came into play. Informative biographies and headtes for each battle give parallel statistics at a glance and establish context; sidebars cover table tactics and techlogies, including espionage, aerial reconnaissance, and guerilla warfare; and a concise roll-call outline each commander's life in full after the war. Here, from the men who conducted and controlled it, is an invaluable sourcebook of what happened in the War Between the States and why.
- Author BiographyJohn Richard Stephens trained as an intelligence officer and held numerous positions in the U.S. Air Force, including group-level executive officer and squadron commander. The author of sixteen books, including Weird History 101; The Wild, Wild West; and Wyatt Earp Speaks!, he lives on Maui, Hawaii.
- Author(s)John Richard Stephens
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication20/11/2012
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, maps
- Weight46 g
- Width196 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.